5 Life Lessons From Click
- Count your blessings: You’d think that money would be the ultimate remedy to anyone’s misery, but that’s not the case. In fact the Dalai lama has also made this observation, saying that the poorest people tend to be the happiest, while the rich are the most miserable. Why is this you ask, because the Ego is never satisfied. I plan on doing a video to my analogy, but you can think of the ego as a water bottle with a small hole in the bottom. It is satisfied for a finite amount of time, and then it needs more, and more, and more. You are more blessed than you think, and the more you wake up and list what your grateful for, the happier you’ll be.
- If you can’t say anything nice, say nothing: Channel your anger in a healthier direction, don’t take it out on the wrong people. The emotion you’re feeling might be valid, but its no excuse to be an asshole, especially to your children.
- Family comes first: The greatest thing God ever created was you, your husband, your wife, your kids. See rule #1. Never sacrifice your familys time, to climb up the corporate ladder. Your job will win, and you will lose your family. Someone else who cares more and gives more affection will win your familys love, and you’ll regret it forever.
- Slow down, dont fast forward through life: Pump the brakes, see things in slow motion, practice mindfulness. Even when things really suck, dont be in such a rush for it to end. Because one day you will be on your deathbed, surrounded by the ghosts of your potential, of the time you wasted and wish you had, of the things you never did, and how you should have Loved more. Die clean.
- Everything was a bad dream: Thought creates reality and at any time you can choose, you can wake from your nightmare, and start fresh and make the right decisions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_MIrzUc6-g